Thursday, July 3, 2008

SMS Scam!


I was sleeping like a baby last night when I was awakened by the SMS alert tone of my old Nokia N70 cellphone. I sleepily grabbed my mobile phone to check if the message was from my pangga dai. (Naks! Baka play time?!? Hehe)

The SMS was from a number which was not listed in my mobile phone book. It was from Globe - 09167129753. It read "D2 ka magreply load mo ako 150 pesos". The scammer was pretending that he or she knew me and was asking me to load her mobile number with P150.00.

I often receive this kind of text scam in my Globe number. The scammer would text me that the message would be their last SMS and that I should send an OTA load to his/her number to be able to send me more SMS.

At one time, I even received a text message from supposedly an ABS-CBN executive informing me that I won P800K in a raffle, that I contact a certain Atty. Lopez for further information on how to claim my money. (di pa ginawang one million, eh)

I also got a message from "PAGCOR" - I won 950k naman!! Hahaha.

If only those text messages would translate into winning the lotto jackpot - Ayos!!!

0 comments: