Friday, December 18, 2009

My Car Bumper Fell Off!!!






 

A funny and embarrassing incident happened to me last Tuesday.  It was a little past one in the afternoon; I was driving  along the South Road when I heard a loud crash.  I thought my car was hit on the right fender by a speeding motorcycle but  I was so surprised when I saw my front car bumper right there on the road; buti na lang I immediately  stepped on the brake thus avoiding its untimely destruction - kung nagkataon nagkadurogdurog yung bumper.  In a few minutes, bystanders swarmed over me.  I was causing traffic.  Hihihi...  The barangay tanod asked me to pull over.  I asked him about the motorcycle driver who hit my car but the tanod  told me that my car was not hit by the motorcycle at all.   The front car bumper just fell off!!! LOL.  A bystander carried the bumper and helped me place it inside the car because it couldn't fit in the trunk.  The bumper which was made of FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) was not damaged at all- no breakage!  I thanked the men for their help and just drove straight to my workplace without the front bumper.  It must have been a quite a sight.


I was really baffled why it just fell off.  I didn't notice the front bumper hanging loosely;  neither did I ram against something.  Maybe the bolts loosened from too much passing through humps and rough roads??  Anyway, after doing my rounds and a few consultations I decided to have the car fixed.  I knew that if I bring it to the to the Honda Cars Service Center I would have to shell out more money so to save on the car repair service fees; I just went to the auto service center in front of the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Church.  They replaced all the missing bolts and snugly placed the bumper in place.  I was satisfied with their service; it was finished after 45 minutes.  So now, before I jump into  the car and drive off to somewhere I always check the front and rear bumpers if they are secure and snugly in place.

7 comments:

unbound / shuttershy said...

Oooops! hehe. keri lang yan dai! bat di mo kwento sa kin? kaw tlga. hehe.

scribbler said...

para basahin mo na lang.. hihihi...

Khim said...

nice color...

lina@happy family said...

Hehehe, your car experience is funny...

scribbler said...

@ Me and lina@happy family - thanks for dropping by! happy holidays!!

Mel Cole said...

My goodness, good thing you stopped so that the bumper itself won't be turned into pieces, lols, thanks for visiting me, balik2x unya. Later, Melcole

scribbler said...

@Melcole - bitaw, maayo naka-brake gyud ko.. hihihi.. daku gyud unta ang akong gasto!hihihi..

thanks for visiting..